So you have just created your budget and you now you want to get started in paying off your debt, but you don’t think you have enough extra money to really make a difference. Well, this step is about finding ways to create some wiggle room in your budget. Doing this requires dedication and sacrifice.
Here are some ideas; your goal in this step is to try at least 5. The more effort you put into this step the faster it will be to pay off your debt.
1. Get more in your paycheck instead of in your refund. By using this IRS calculator you can find the real amount you should have withheld from your paycheck. Use the extra money to start paying off your debt.
2. Take the Chicken Challenge – The Chicken Challenge was coined by the Cord Killers Podcast. Call your cable company and tell them you want to cancel your cable. Worst case is you actually cancel it and live off netflix or hulu, more than likely they will cut your bill.
3. Take a look at your cell phone bill, look at other carriers like republic, or PCS wireless or any other smaller carriers that may give you a smaller bill each month.
4. Look over this list of 100+ ways to save money.
5. Get creative, if you are serious about getting your financial life under control then you may have to do things you have never done and make sacrifices you have never made to be successful.
6. Stop eating out for a month
7. Suspend any other subscriptions that are costing you money each month.
Image by svilen001
If you like this site please like us on facebook!
About the author